storybook favorites

 My first favorite of the storybooks was Tales of Grimm. I enjoyed this series of stories mainly because I really enjoy fairytales, and it was familiar amongst the titles of the storybooks. In the stories, the writer incorporates elements from various fairytales into just a few stories--it's super innovative and works well for the purpose of the stories. Although I really enjoyed the stories, their plots, and characters, I didn't really care for the layout of the physical site itself. It seems a little boring to me in comparison to the intriguing stories. Aside from the site design, this storybook gave me a lot of ideas for my own, story-wise.

My second favorite storybook was Making a Murderer: Lady MacbethThis storybook was extremely unique, and I really loved how it is written as a screenplay to go with the Shakespeare theme. Aside from the story itself, I really liked how this writer put all of their author notes on a separate page. When the author's note is at the bottom of each page, it kind of throws off the flow into the next page. I never thought to put my author's notes all together at the end of my stories, but it makes total sense. In addition to that aspect, I thought the overall layout of the site's design was great. It incorporates a lot of pictures in useful ways. 

My third favorite storybook was Women in Constellations. As I'm really interested in astrology, this title caught my eye on the storybook page, and I was not disappointed with it. As a virgo myself, I really enjoyed the first story, but they were all written very well and have great storylines. I absolutely love the aesthetic of this storybook--it's something I would consider showcasing and writing about myself. Additionally, this storybook makes a great use of the photos added throughout the stories. 

(Image information: virgo illustration inspired by
Women in Constellations obtained from Sheen Magazine)

Comments

Popular Posts